Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jules Breton

This time, I'm looking at Jules Breton painting.  I was in a classroom today, researching for the topics of my blog, when I came across his paintings. I found him while i was scrolling inside an application named 'Art' in my iPod, several of his paintings are what I'm going to talk about in here.  I'm sure none of us are able to know all the names of the color that are exists in this world.  I'm also sure that none of us are actually using a lot of them.  These color that I'm talking about are a combination of some colors.  A combination of a complimentary colors are actually quite nice if used in the right circumstances.  For instance, I have a green and a red in here.


Although it looks like a dirty muddy color, but if you take a look at these paintings, you will understand what I mean.  These paintings are done by Jules Breton.  A French realist painter that was born in May 1827 and died in July 1906.



We can see it in here, that there are a lot of desaturation of the color.  There's no more color that are identifiable anymore.  I mean, we can see that it's yellow, or green or red, but what kind of red, what kind of blue or green?  These sort of complimentary colors are necessary to build up the mood and giving a great atmosphere to the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment