Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paul Gauguin

There's an interesting painting by Paul Gauguin that I would like to talked about.  In the Digital Cinematigraphy class I had with Michaela on 18 October 2011, She talked a bit about one of Paul Gauguin's painting.  This painting is called 'Tahitian Landscape'.  In this painting, He used a lot of highly saturated paints.  I find this painting really eye catching.  Even though at times, a more desaturated paintings look more realistic, this one is more expressive in its own way.


However, when I look for this painting in the internet and on the 'Art' application, it shows me a few more version of this painting.  I'm not really sure which one is the original or if all of them are his paintings.  But here you go:


Michaela showed us the first painting in the class, while I found the second and the third one in the 'Art' application.  The last one is from wikipedia.   Comparing the four of them, I must say that I inclined more towards the first painting.  It seems to outshine all of them (probably because of the high saturation?).  Lastly, I think, the last one looks more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment